Senior Full Stack Engineer
👋 Hey there!
My quick pitch for this role is that we’re a mighty, tight-knit team of experienced product people, backed by top tier investors (a16z, Kapor Capital, Designer Fund, Lachy Groom and more) looking to fundamentally transform education through product and technology. There are crazy interesting problems to solve every day ranging from extremely complex product experiences (our users are unique in that they spend 20h+ per week on our platform) to writing performant ranking algorithms to optimize for learning outcomes.
Our Mission 🚀
We are on a mission to build a more equitable world by helping people from all backgrounds gain the skills they need to get hired into roles they love.
What is Formation?
Our AI platform powers our flagship Engineering Fellowship, helping engineers from non-traditional and historically underrepresented backgrounds get hired at the world’s top tech companies. In 2022, we helped our engineers increase their compensation by an average of over $100K. We have over 400 active engineers on the platform and are growing fast.
Your perfect day will include:
- Working with leadership at Formation to ship core features used by all our users (Formation Fellows, Mentors, and the Formation Team)
- Providing mentorship to junior engineers through thoughtful code review to maintain a relentlessly high quality bar for both your own code the code of all team members
- Shipping features that fail and then shipping iterations that eventually succeed. Being smart about the “tech debt” that is easily reversible vs. ones with long term consequences in order to make the right decisions to move quickly.
- Being part of a tiny product team of ~8 experienced product people, including senior engineers with over 10 years of experience at high performing teams at Facebook and Nextdoor, and that are fanatical about building and shipping a product that can redefine the way the next generation of talent can uplevel their careers.
Skills and expertise that we value:
- 5+ years of experience at a top tier company
- Experience working on large scale user-facing products
- Teaching, mentorship and interviewing experience
- Experience with React, Redux, TypeScript and React Hooks are a plus but not required