Senior Product Engineer
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
At Formation, we are training the engineering workforce we want to see in the world. Backed by A16Z and founded by ex-Facebook engineers, we are building a platform that combines adaptive learning technology with a mentorship network of industry experts to create personalized, online training programs for job seekers at scale.
Our first program is the Engineering Fellowship, a training program that helps software engineers from nontraditional and underrepresented backgrounds break into top tier tech companies. Fellows are trained by current engineers from Facebook, Dropbox, etc. and are unconditionally supported by the entire Formation team until we succeed in landing their next role.
We are looking for a Product Engineer who will work directly with the CTO and product team to build features to help empower the next generation of software engineers. The engineer that takes on this role will have full autonomy to build and ship features at lightning speed while providing valuable mentorship to more junior members on the team. This is an extremely high impact role that has limitless growth potential alongside the company.
Your perfect day will include:
- Working side-by-side with our CTO and Lead Designer at Formation to ship core features used by all our users (Formation Fellows, Mentors, and the Formation Team)
- Providing mentorship to junior engineers through thoughtful code review to maintain a relentlessly high quality bar for both your own code the code of all team members
- Shipping features that fail and then shipping iterations that eventually succeed. Being smart about the “tech debt” that is easily reversible vs. ones with long term consequences in order to make the right decisions to move quickly.
- Being part of a tiny product team of ~8 experienced product people, including senior engineers with over 10 years of experience at high performing teams at Facebook and Nextdoor, and that are fanatical about building and shipping a product that can redefine the way the next generation of talent can uplevel their careers.
Skills and experience that we value:
- 4+ years of experience at a top tier company
- Teaching, mentorship and interviewing experience