Fellowship Recruiter [Contract]
People & HR
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
At Formation, we are training the engineering workforce we want to see in the world. Backed by A16Z and founded by ex-Facebook engineers, we are building a platform that combines adaptive learning technology with a mentorship network of industry experts to create personalized, online training programs for job seekers at scale.
Our first program is the Engineering Fellowship, a training program that helps software engineers from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds break into top tier tech companies. We are not a bootcamp. Engineers in our program have anywhere from 1 to 8 years of experience, but are looking for targeted training and support to make the next big step in their career. In combination with our adaptive learning technology, Fellows are mentored by senior engineers at companies such as Reddit and Netflix.
We are looking for a six month contract Fellowship Recruiter to help scale our Fellow recruiting pipeline, with an opportunity to extend beyond the six month contract. This position is ideal for someone looking to transition from traditional tech recruiting, to a more hybrid recruiting/sales role. This person will not only facilitate a seamless recruitment process, but also play an impactful role in building our community.
Your perfect day will include:
- Speak with a high volume of prospective Fellows from a wide range of diverse backgrounds, with an average of 20+ calls per week
- Effectively align candidates' motivations with Formation’s values and expectations
- Process Fellow contracts, acceptances, and consistently hit monthly recruiting targets
- Maintain an efficient, smooth and enjoyable candidate experience
- Source promising engineering talent and proactively build candidate pipeline
- End your day with inbox 0
Skills and expertise that we value:
- 2+ years in house technical recruiting experience, SWE strongly preferred, ideally at high-growth tech startups.
- 2+ years of experience direct sourcing and closing candidates
- A natural people-person, with excellent active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong ability to sell candidates on role,
- Multitasker who can maintain daily communication with a high volume of candidates while managing recruiting operations and maintaining data accuracy
- Experience qualifying SWE resumes for recruiter screens, focused on bringing in candidates from underrepresented groups
- Experience using Hubspot or other CRMs preferred