At Glacier, we are taking on one of the world’s most pressing problems: trash. Did you know that in the US, we send over half of our recyclables to the landfill? We're working to fix that. In doing so, we’ll also be reducing carbon emissions, energy consumption, and depletion of natural resources.
Glacier builds custom sorting robots designed to sort apart recyclables as well as AI-powered business analytics that enable recyclers to superpower their plants and improve our society’s circularity. These two products together are helping to divert tons of recyclables (literally!) from landfills every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to spearhead the development of our Robotics roadmap. As a Product Manager at Glacier, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our product roadmap and driving the strategic direction of our technology. You will be responsible for overseeing the full product lifecycle, from ideation to implementation, working closely with cross-functional teams and collaborating with our founders to define our growth strategy. This role reports directly to our CEO.
We’re a small team based in San Francisco. Our founders come from Facebook engineering and Bain consulting. As an early member of the Glacier team, you’ll have a significant role in shaping our company’s future.
We started Glacier to have a major positive environmental impact and we are searching for teammates who share in that mission.
We’re backed by top-tier VCs and angels with extensive technical and industry expertise.
We have several robots in production at customer sites and a robust pipeline of upcoming deployments.
- Own the vision, strategy and execution of Glacier's Robotics roadmap, including Robotics hardware and AI/ML-based software
- Develop requirements and coordinate roadmaps to scale Robotics applications with our partners across the circular economy
- Conduct market research to understand user needs and pain points
- Work with sales teams to align product roadmap with user demands and market opportunities
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and operations teams to define product requirements and prioritize features
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the recycling industry and competitive landscape
- Collaborate with Glacier’s founders to establish the product strategy and growth plan
(If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but are excited about this role, please reach out anyway!)
- 2+ years of working experience in highly technical B2B Product Management roles
- 4+ years of working experience in product development roles (e.g., engineering, design, data science, PM)
- Professional experience working with products that combine both hardware and software
- Demonstrated track record in defining product vision & strategy, conducting user discovery, GTM enablement, and product scaling
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office (SOMA neighborhood) at least two days each week
Prior PM experience at early-stage startups (<50 employees)
In-depth PM experience in one or more areas related to Robotics, Industrial Hardware, or AI/ML
*What traits will make you successful in this role: *
- Ruthless prioritization - Ability to make difficult trade-offs to achieve results, weighing rapidly changing information and resource constraints
- Strategic thinking - Ability to devise creative solutions to complex challenges, including balancing deployment capacity, engineering capabilities, and the demands of the customer
- Customer empathy - Ability to understand customers’ priorities, pain points, and decision-making criteria, and translate customer insights into product features
- Effective communication and stakeholder management - Ability to communicate and work with a variety of stakeholders, including prospective customers (corporate and front-line), Engineering, and Operations
- Ownership mentality - Proactively identify, flag, and solve problems with minimal direction or supervision, involving stakeholders where appropriate
The total cash compensation range for this role is $120,000 - $180,000. In addition to cash compensation, Glacier also offers competitive equity compensation and benefits. The final compensation for this role will depend on many individualized factors, including job-related skills and knowledge, experience level, interview performance, and other factors.