Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Idelic is focused on driving the best possible insurance outcomes for the transportation industry through the combination of process and technology. The Idelic program combines the Driver Safety Playbook with Safety Suite®, the first end-to-end driver performance management platform, to help fleets consolidate their most relevant driver data into one platform, analyze it with proprietary machine learning models, and take action on new insights. Empowering fleets with a data driven view of fleet safety through Idelic’s advanced AI-based Driver Watch List, broad integration network and proven driver professional development plans (PDPs), the Idelic Program is the most proactive and effective way to prevent crashes, reduce losses and produce better insurance outcomes.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We are a venture-backed start-up filled with people who are passionate about our solutions and delivering the best experience for our clients. We work with executives at many of the nation's leading commercial auto fleets helping them obtain better insurance rates by implementing driver safety improvement programs. Each member of the team contributes to delivering on our mission of ‘bringing drivers home safely every night’. To be successful at Idelic, we look for individuals who have a growth mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, thrive in continuous change, and are motivated by company success, not just individual results.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We’re looking for the right individual to contribute to our growing Sales Development Representative (SDR) team. The SDR is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Account Executive partners. This role manages outbound activities to qualify active buying interest and identify critical decision makers to position the Idelic Value Proposition successfully. SDRs who establish high performance have the potential for new challenges and career advancement within sales. Qualified candidates must have a successful track record of outbound calling and prospecting.
This person will be working on accounts based in our western region with a preferred timezone of PT, or MT.
*Please note this is a remote position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify net new prospects and strategically initiate outreach
- Uncover painful challenges and clearly articulate products, value propositions, and benefits of The Idelic Program
- Initiate and schedule Discovery and Demo meetings to connect prospects and Account Executives
- Create and maintain accurate records for Account Executives and Sales Development in Salesforce/SalesLoft
- Initiate and follow through on collaboration and strategy on accounts with Account Executive Partners
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
- Must have demonstrated relationship sales experience
- Combined previous experience in Saas, Transportation Industry, and/or B2B Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment that delivers continuous feedback
- Deliver strong goal-oriented results on tight deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Experience with CRM systems, salesforce is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Knowledge and experience using salesforce
- Prior experience in the transportation industry
THINGS THAT MAKE IDELIC A GREAT PLACE WORK
- Competitive Compensation Package Including Options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Matching Funds
- Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, and Paid Military Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time to Support Your Local Community
If you’ve made it this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. You may be surprised! We're eager to meet people who are passionate, believe in Idelic’s mission, and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. We at Idelic are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our team, contractors, vendors, and clients.
Idelic is an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, identity, disability, veteran’s status, or any characteristic protected by law.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and see. The employee is regularly required to stand and sit/ The employee is regularly required to practice manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
See more open positions at Idelic
Something looks off?