Senior Manager, Business Development
Our mission is to build an all-electric future, one magical charging experience at a time. We believe that access to reliable and affordable charging is the key to unlocking mass electrification and fighting climate change.
At Presto, we are building a software platform to power magical charging experiences for fleets, mobility providers, and businesses. For our charging partners, we strive to set in motion a positive flywheel of business demand and network utilization, helping expand charging for all.
Presto is backed by Congruent Ventures, Powerhouse, and prominent climate-tech angel investors. The founding team has extensive experience in consumer tech, marketplaces, and electrification.
Learn more at https://www.prestocharging.com/
We’re looking for a business development professional to manage our pipeline of fleet charging partnerships.
You will have the opportunity to pioneer new deal types and business models while building on Presto’s early traction and success with rental car, gig driver, and other fleets.
This is an individual contributor role with the potential to expand into managing a team.
You will report to and work closely with J.J., CFO & Co-Founder in developing and leading our commercial partnerships and in supporting the broader team with deal analytics and strategic insights.
You should align with our values:
- Builder: You create, you build. You get things done.
- Customer-first: You live the customer experience and make it better.
- First-principles learner: You approach problems by questioning assumptions and relying on data to find the right solution. You learn fast and go deep.
- Team player: You are individually exceptional but always play as a team.
- Mission-oriented: You care about electrification and meeting the climate challenge. Ideally, you also drive an EV.
- Kind: You are kind and will help create a fun and supportive workplace.
You will be responsible for
- Sourcing, negotiating, executing, and ensuring the success of fleet partnerships across Presto’s co-branded fleet app, fleet admin tools, and SDKs/APIs for fleet integrations
- Building and managing a pipeline of fleet partnerships, including establishing pipeline reporting and deal analytics, including deal financial models
- Creating new deal business models and archetypes for first of a kind deals in new fleet segments and business partnerships
- Evaluating and analyzing new fleet segments and business opportunities to contribute to the strategic success of Presto
- Interfacing as a point of contact for Presto’s fleet partners, including senior fleet executives and management
- 5+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, management consulting, or similar roles, preferably working with technology companies, fleets, or EV charging
- Skill in combining legal concepts, strategic business priorities, and financial analysis to structure, negotiate, and execute on partnerships
- A creative and flexible approach to working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Prior experience working at a startup and/or with EVs is a bonus.
Location: Remote or hybrid in Denver, CO or San Francisco, CA.
Comp and Benefits: Health insurance and competitive compensation.
Apply: Please send us your background - a simple 1-page resume or Linkedin profile is sufficient. More importantly, share roles/experiences that make you ideal for this role. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org