Head of Engineering
Our mission is to build an all-electric future, one magical charging experience at a time.
We believe that access to reliable and affordable charging is the key to unlocking mass electrification and fighting climate change. At Presto, we are building a software platform to power magical charging experiences for fleets, mobility providers, and businesses. For our charging partners, we strive to set in motion a positive flywheel of business demand and network utilization, helping expand charging for all.
Presto is backed by Congruent Ventures, Powerhouse, and prominent climate-tech angel investors. The founding team has extensive experience in consumer tech, marketplaces, and electrification.
We are looking for teammates who live the following values:
- Builder: You have built multiple products (web, app, or backend), ideally from scratch. You design for scale, reliability, inclusivity, and accessibility.
- Customer-first: You live the customer experience and are obsessed with making it better.
- First-principles learner: You approach problems by questioning assumptions and relying on data to find the right solution. You learn fast and go deep into the details.
- Mission-oriented: You care about electrification. Ideally, you also drive an EV.
- Kind: You are kind and will help create a fun and supportive workplace.
You will be an integral part of the founding team, shaping every aspect of the company. You will be responsible for designing, building, and scaling all of our tech. You should be able to attract, hire and coach exceptional engineers as you build your team.
- Prior experience at a startup is essential
- Experience in building consumer software and/or architecting complex data infrastructure
- Experience with mapping, payments, APIs and databases
- Experience in any one cloud provider and its key suite of services
- Experience in creating systems to ensure proper code deployment, rigorous testing and structure-planned development.
- Most relevant experiences include marketplaces, consumer apps, and data infrastructure
- Familiarity with using the latest in ML and AI and the ability to apply them practically to solve problems
- Be focused on shipping quickly and validating hypothesis
- Be obsessive about understanding customer needs and delivering solutions
- Ability to manage small, high-performance teams.
We are based in SF and Denver, however, you can be based anywhere in the US for this role. You will have to travel for onsite meetings, approximately once every few months.
Please send us your background - a simple 1-page resume or Linkedin profile is sufficient. More importantly, tell us what you built or show us (link to websites, apps, GitHub, etc). Reach out to us at email@example.com