Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Our mission is to build an all-electric future, one magical charging experience at a time.
We believe that access to reliable and affordable charging is the key to unlocking mass electrification and fighting climate change. At Presto, we are building a software platform to power magical charging experiences for fleets, mobility providers, and businesses. For our charging partners, we strive to set in motion a positive flywheel of business demand and network utilization, helping expand charging for all.
Presto is backed by Congruent Ventures, Powerhouse, and prominent climate-tech angel investors. The founding team has extensive experience in consumer tech, marketplaces, and electrification.
We’re looking for a skilled engineer and systems architect to build our core services. You will work closely with our Head of Engineering and will help interview and grow our team.
You should align with our values:
- Builder: You create, you build. You get things done.
- Customer-first: You live the customer experience and make it better.
- First-principles learner: You approach problems by questioning assumptions and relying on data to find the right solution. You learn fast and go deep.
- Team player: You are individually exceptional but always play as a team.
- Mission-oriented: You care about electrification and meeting the climate challenge. Ideally, you also drive an EV.
- Kind: You are kind and will help create a fun and supportive workplace.
You will be responsible for
- Integrating with our charging partners to ingest, process, and validate live data via the OCPI protocol.
- Creating and deploying resilient, asynchronous workflows across systems.
- Iterating on our core charging tech to make EV driver experiences great.
- Developing secure endpoints for our apps and third-parties.
- Guiding infrastructure, expressing it in code.
- Helping maintain a great developer experience for the team (and yourself) - e.g. Github Actions.
- Setting up reporting, monitoring, and auto-scaling configurations for our cloud servers.
Deep technical expertise in a specific area is welcome, but the ability to flex across areas is important.
As a professional, you:
- Bring 5+ years experience designing software, infrastructure, and leading technical initiatives or teams
- Bring a platform and API-first mindset, including great technical writing and documentation
- Ship projects iteratively, with flexible rollouts (feature flags, user segments)
- Are a hands-on engineer, with a reputation for jumping in to help
- Comfortably integrate with third-party teams and their systems
Specifically, you should have technical experience with:
- At least one major cloud provider (ideally including IAC, like Terraform)
- Cloud-based CICD pipelines (Github actions, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Event-driven architecture (e.g. Kafka) and/or asynchronous workflows (e.g. SQS, Temporal, etc.)
- APM systems like New Relic, etc.
- API design and delivery
- OAuth and federated logins, perhaps through services like Twilio or Auth0
- Data ingestion, parsing, validation
- Bonus: Machine learning; payments experience
Experience working at a startup is preferred.
Comp and Benefits: Health insurance and competitive compensation.
Please send us your background - a simple 1-page resume or Linkedin profile is sufficient. More importantly, share roles/experiences that make you ideal for this role. Reach out to us at email@example.com