Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Our mission is to build an all-electric future, one magical charging experience at a time.
We believe that access to reliable and affordable charging is the key to unlocking mass electrification and fighting climate change. At Presto, we are building a software platform to power magical charging experiences for fleets, mobility providers, and businesses. For our charging partners, we strive to set in motion a positive flywheel of business demand and network utilization, helping expand charging for all.
Presto is backed by Congruent Ventures, Powerhouse, and prominent climate-tech angel investors. The founding team has extensive experience in consumer tech, marketplaces, and electrification.
We’re looking for our first dedicated frontend engineer to evolve our app from MVP to scale.
This is an opportunity to help make key decisions, like refining the mobile architecture we scale, and our backend-for-frontend/microservices strategy. You’ll be working closely with our Head of Engineering, and will also help interview and grow our team.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading development of our Flutter-based mobile application.
- Implementing complex components such as real-time location streaming, maps, vehicle integration, and others.
- Iterating on our charging experience to make EV driver experiences great.
- Deploying mobile application builds via cloud build tools.
- Ensuring feedback can be gathered during our alpha/beta stages.
- Running experiments with A/B testing and delivering a dynamic app that uses feature flags for deployment.
Deep technical expertise in a specific area is welcome, but the ability to flex across areas is important.
As a professional, you:
- Bring 5+ years experience building and shipping mobile applications
- Have deep understanding of mobile apps, including plugin/SDK authorship
- Nice to haves: Maps/navigation or payments experience
- Ship projects iteratively, with flexible rollouts (feature flags, user segments)
- Are a hands-on engineer, with a reputation for jumping in to help
- Prioritize developer-experience including tests, pipelines, great technical writing and documentation
- Comfortably integrate with third-party teams and their systems
Specifically, you should have technical experience with:
- Flutter preferred (React Native ok)
- Integrating with APIs using various transport technologies (e.g. GraphQL)
- OAuth and federated logins, perhaps through services like Twilio or Auth0
- Data ingestion, parsing, validation
- Bonus: Maps experience
Experience working at a startup is preferred.
As an individual:
You should align with our values:
- Builder: You create, you build. You get things done.
- Customer-first: You live the customer experience and make it better.
- First-principles learner: You approach problems by questioning assumptions and relying on data to find the right solution. You learn fast and go deep.
- Team player: You are individually exceptional but always play as a team.
- Mission-oriented: You care about electrification and meeting the climate challenge. Ideally, you also drive an EV.
- Kind: You are kind and will help create a fun and supportive workplace.
Comp and Benefits: Health insurance and competitive compensation.
Please send us your background - a simple 1-page resume or Linkedin profile is sufficient. More importantly, share roles/experiences that make you ideal for this role. Reach out to us at email@example.com