User (UX) Researcher
About us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to organize and execute our qualitative research as the founding UX research member. You will be bringing focus to the user by helping our team of product managers and designers better understand our users through user surveys, usability studies, and user interviews. You will develop an understanding of the needs, motivations, and behaviors of injured and disabled workers, insurance providers, and other stakeholders in the insurance space. You will conduct research and gather insights that will contribute to the development of innovative products and solutions that help improve the lives of workers, streamline insurance processes, make insurance more affordable for everyone, and get people back on their feet.
In this Role You Will:
- Develop and maintain user personas, journey maps, and other UX artifacts to communicate user research findings and guide product design and development.
- Build the research foundation with the right process for PM and design teams to request the right types of research for each need.
- Collaborate with PMs in helping to define hypotheses to test and problems to explore and translate research findings into product features and improvements.
- Increase the velocity and quality of research by writing the studies to get them into the market faster.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings to develop actionable insights and recommendations that address user needs, improve user experiences, and drive product success.
- Proactively identify research needs and potential problem areas that need to be researched while balancing reactive research requests by PM and design teams
- Continuously improve research processes and methodologies to ensure the highest quality insights and deliverables.
- Advocate for user-centered design principles and best practices throughout the organization, promoting a culture of empathy and customer-centricity.
- Work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have impact at all stages of product development
- Use your storytelling skills to inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering engaging, insightful, and action-oriented recommendations that are easy to digest and act upon
- Help foster a diverse and inclusive team environment that empowers our team members to do their best work
- 5+ years of experience in user research, with a strong portfolio showcasing a range of research methodologies and a proven track record of driving product improvements based on user insights.
- Solid knowledge of user research methods, tools, and best practices. Experience in applying these techniques to data-driven decision intelligence products is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex data and distill it into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills, with the ability to effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence product decisions based on user research findings.
- Experience in research across full product life-cycle
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: competitive salary as well as equity plan offered (stock options).
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%.
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn.
- Work/Life Balance: We also have a flexible vacation policy and are closed for winter break at the end of the year.
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa.
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Something looks off?