DevOps Engineering Manager
About us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work!
Job Summary: The DevOps Manager will lead and manage the team responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure and tools required to support the software development process. You will be responsible for prioritizing and balancing multiple projects across infrastructure reliability, security improvements, cost management, and developer productivity. The role requires strong technical expertise, leadership skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across different teams.
Our Team: We are founded by a senior Google AI expert and a Bridgewater Associates Algorithmic Investor & Stanford MBA. We’re not looking for employees. We’re looking for partners in work, partners in culture-building, and partners in the future of data-driven insurance. The development team consists of world class engineers and leaders from companies like Google and Bloomberg. Each individual has had great success building large scale enterprise software and is now excited to try their hand at transforming the insurance industry. As we scale we are making a big investment in integrating cutting-edge Large Language Models (LLMs) in our AI-native products.
- Lead a team responsible for developing and implementing DevOps strategies and practices to improve software delivery and deployment
- Collaborate with software development teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery of software
- Partner with our Security team to ensure we are meeting our security and compliance needs
- Manage infrastructure and ensure high availability and performance of applications and services
- Maintain and improve our developer experience
- Manage the team's workload, hiring, and performance evaluations
- Establish processes to manage and reduce any unexpected issues
- Ensure that DevOps practices adhere and evolve with industry standards and best practices
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other teams to ensure alignment and cooperation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in DevOps, with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role
- Experience managing teams of engineers and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of cloud computing, security, infrastructure as code, and continuous delivery practices
- Hands-on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes clusters
- Hands-on experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Helm, and ArgoCD
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience architecting GCP deployments
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Working Conditions: The DevOps Manager will be based in our NYC office and may be required to work outside of normal business hours as needed to support critical systems or resolve emergencies.
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: competitive salary (the range for this role is 210-240K) as well as an equity plan offered (stock options)
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Work/Life Balance: For this role we are hoping this person can work out of the NYC office regularly with much of our leadership with flexibility. We also have a flexible vacation policy and are closed for winter break at the end of the year
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Something looks off?