Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack (Python)
About Us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work! Our headquarters is in NYC and we are also remote friendly.
The Adventure: We're the leading AI Guidance Platform in the insurance industry today, working with some of the largest insurance carriers in the US and expanding globally. Launched just 3 years ago, we are growing incredibly fast and have a nearly 100% success record in converting pilots to production deployments. We have a unicorn path ahead at a time when the market is battering other tech firms. Most importantly, our technology has already helped tens of thousands of people and is helping more every single day
We read batch daily data from SQL tables and present them to the user in awesomely intuitive products, which are built on a shared, unified platform. Our engineering culture values simplicity, core engineering principles, quality, honesty, transparency and strong collaboration. Our stack is built in React, NodeJS, Python, Okta and Postgres and we run on Google Cloud Platform. You’ll be the one who enables our machine learning team and data engineers to do their jobs efficiently as they harness vast amounts of complex, highly proprietary data that EvolutionIQ already has access to but that no one else has worked with before. And you’ll be an indispensable idea-generator on a fast-moving enterprise engineering team that uses the latest technologies at high scale.
About You: An ambitious Full Stack Python Engineer who will help deliver the entire customer-facing application layer for our growing line of AI solutions. You thrive on fast, secure, consistent deployments and want to be in the lead thanks to your high degree of ownership and control. Scalability and reliability are hardwired into your DNA. You love defining the standards for a consistent development life cycle. And you’re supercharged by reducing friction in the engineering experience, making a fast impact, and having interesting, unsolved problems continually present themselves.
In this Role You Will:
- Build a complex multi-tenant enterprise SaaS application to revolutionize insurance industry workflows
- You'll be a key contributor to EvolutionIQ’s unified claims platform working closely with data science and data engineering teams to build a robust, scalable and intuitive web application
- Build and maintain the backend REST server that feeds machine learning data and BI (Business Intelligence) data to our intuitive React frontend
- Own the entire lifecycle of designing, building and launching enterprise applications
- Work in greenfield projects where you have high levels of ownership
- Work directly with the head of product, the data science team, UX designers, and end users
- Have a key role and ownership in shaping the future of Evolution IQ’s products – from technology choices to building the roadmap
- Provide crucial technical expertise, introduce new best practices to the team, drive consistency across all teams, and help prioritize features to increase our client impact
- Continue to grow and learn in the engineering space with a focus on business problems that use large-scale structured and unstructured datasets
- Extensive experience going through the full feature development life cycle: Working with product managers, deciding scope, designing a database schema for representing the data, considering the serving needs, working with designers to figure out UX, implementing the interface, and finally maintaining the feature/system
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Expert in Python Development
- Experience with NodeJS and Typescript
- Strong Relational Database design
- Experience designing, building and launching backend architectures that support multi-tenant, multi-user scenarios
- Ability to remain agile and move between rapid prototyping and stable production development
- Ability to write technical design documents, perform code reviews, and maintain state of the art engineering practices
- You know the critical questions to ask in order to understand a client’s business problem and can show the business impact of your technical solutions
- Team player who is solutions-oriented and exudes our ambitious, collaborative, and empathetic values
- You have crisp written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively correspond between technical and non-technical audiences
- A self-starter mindset with an eagerness to solve previously unsolved problems
- Excellent collaboration skills and are open to giving and receiving critical feedback across teams
The Team: We’re a team of architects and visionaries who thrive on being first. We’ve created a fun, passionate, humorous, friendly, and fiercely-driven engineering culture that values delivery and personal impact above everything else.
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: The salary range for this role is $175-210k plus equity, with flexibility for the right candidate
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Work/Life Balance: Work from home / work from NYC (whether you’re local to NYC or visiting us on a company-paid trip), or join us at our annual company offsite. We also have a flexible vacation policy.
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees