Customer Success Manager
Our mission at Halo is to move science forward. One of Fast Company’s 2021 “World Changing Ideas,” Halo’s platform connects scientists directly with companies to bring new innovations to the world. We work with the R&D teams at some of the most iconic companies – including PepsiCo, Bayer, Eli Lilly and P&G – on topics ranging from sustainability to human health. Since going live in January 2020, thousands of scientists from 100+ countries have joined. We are venture-backed by Asymmetric Capital, Village Global and Anne Wojcicki, CEO of 23&Me.
Halo is seeking a skilled and experienced individual to fill the role of Customer Success Manager. In this position, you will be responsible for developing long-term partnerships with our customers - R&D and innovation execs at global companies (read a case study here) - and ensuring that they realize the maximum value of Halo. As a trusted advisor and problem solver, you will ensure clients achieve their goals for their Halo subscription and assist in further developing the infrastructure to guarantee excellence across the customer experience.
We’re a startup and every day will be different. You should be ready and eager to take on increasing responsibilities as they come your way while playing a key role growing a venture-backed startup tackling a meaningful problem.
What you’ll do:
- Develop customized Joint Success Plans for new customers and ensure successful onboarding processes through outcomes-based Customer Success Management
- Build strong, long-term relationships with customers by deeply understanding their business, their use cases, and how Halo drives business value.
- Maintain an organized, consultative approach as Project Manager for customer engagements by providing trainings, keeping stakeholders on track towards deadlines, and providing day-to-day support
- Strategically monitor account health, package up success stories, and hold regular Business Reviews to ensure customers maintain a clear sense of their ROI
- Assess risk for each account and mitigate potential churn by proactively coordinating with cross functional teams to solve customer problems
- Own the customer retention KPI for your named accounts through the negotiation and close of on-time renewal contracts
- Act as a product expert and bridge between customers and the Product team. Represent the “voice of the customer” to inform and prioritize product improvements, feature requests, and new offerings based on customer needs
- Leverage existing customer relationships to identify opportunities for expansion into other business units across large, fragmented organizations
- Drive continuous improvement by offering improvements to processes and formalizing best practices in our CS playbook
- Maintained organized account notes and deal hygiene in our CRM (Hubspot)
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years' experience in Customer Success or Business Development at an enterprise SaaS business
- You have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent written, verbal, presentation and phone communication skills, with the ability to adapt conversations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have proven ability to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse customer account base
- You have worked closely with Product and/or Engineering teams in building out a feedback loop.
- You are passionate about our mission to “move science forward”
Bonus points if:
- You have a science-related degree or industry experience in science or health.
- You have worked for companies with products like applicant tracking systems, b2b marketplaces, CRMs, or project management tools
- You've been an instrumental player on an early startup team before