Head of Customer Success
Halo is looking for a seasoned Head of Customer Success to lead and expand our Customer Success team. This “player/coach” role is pivotal for our company, as you will be directly responsible for ensuring our customers, who are R&D and innovation executives at global companies, derive maximum value from our platform. Your mission will be to foster long-term, strategic partnerships, acting as both a trusted advisor and a problem solver.
In this dynamic, startup environment, adaptability and a proactive mindset are key. We are seeking someone eager to embrace and drive change, ready to tackle new challenges head-on, and play a crucial role in scaling an early-stage startup.
What You'll Do:
- Build upon the existing CS foundation to scale the function, focusing on enhancing internal processes, formalizing best practices, and setting a strategic vision for customer success at Halo.
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a team of Customer Success Specialists, ensuring they are equipped to manage onboarding, day-to-day account management, and achieve ARR retention goals effectively.
- Own a book-of-business of strategic customer accounts, deeply understanding their unique business, use cases, and how Halo drives business value.
- Ensure you and the CS team are able to consistently deliver successful onboarding processes, increase product adoption, boost engagement and retention, facilitate upsells, and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Leverage existing customer relationships to drive adoption and usage across large, fragmented organizations.
- Become a product expert and act as a bridge between customers and the Product team. Provide an important customer voice to inform and prioritize product improvements, feature requests and new offerings based on customer needs.
- Conduct regular strategic reviews with customers to assess account health, secure retention and growth, and identify opportunities for expansion.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles (Customer Success or Business Development), with at least 2 years of leadership experience in Customer Success, specifically within enterprise SaaS businesses at the seed-to-Series B stage.
- You have a proven track record of building and scaling Customer Success functions, creating effective strategies for large, complex organizations.
- You have experience setting up CSM systems, best practices, and playbooks.
- You have worked closely with Product and/or Engineering teams in building out a feedback loop.
- You have a bias for action and thrive in an unpredictable, fast-paced work environment.
- You are passionate about our mission to “move science forward.”
- You have a science-related degree or industry experience in science or health.
- You have worked for companies with products like applicant tracking systems, b2b marketplaces, CRMs, or project management tool
- You've been an instrumental player on an early startup team before.