Member Experience Manager (Contractor)
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Kindred is a members-only home swapping network that unlocks the ability to live a travel-rich lifestyle through the power of community. By exchanging primary residences with trusted peers, renters and owners alike can match with Kindred spirits and explore new destinations without breaking the bank.
We are on a mission to build a sharing economy that lives up to the name, and we’ve raised $26.5M+ from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley to do so, including Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Bessemer Venture Partners, Caffeinated Capital, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Figma, ClassPass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15B+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1B+ annual revenue combined.
We’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
Hours: This is not a standard 9-5 schedule. Candidates MUST BE AVAILABLE:
- 2p - 10p Pacific Time on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
We’re looking for a part-time member experience manager who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth, and high-impact environment. You’ll be joining a team of highly motivated individuals to own member relationships, and serve as the first point-of-contact to guide members along their user journey.
- Manage member relationships across key moments in the user journey, ranging from onboarding the member to the community, to managing their trip experience with Kindred
- Get to know our members and “matchmake” different members to proactively surface opportunities for travel
- Provide an exceptional customer experience from start to finish throughout member trips – Responding to inbound member texts and emails, partnering with Kindred’s coordinators to ensure homes are cleaned and set up on time in advance of the trips, and ensuring members feel cared for and supported during their trips, whether they are a host, a guest, or both
You may be a right fit for this role if you:
- Exceptional written and verbal skills - you're professional and clear over email and text
- Embody Kindred’s values of community, generosity, and respect in all things. You know how to make people feel good!
- Organized & process-oriented - you sweat the details & don't drop balls. You can build a workflow for yourself that includes quality control checks that make it hard to make mistakes.
- Hardworking, extremely reliable, and prompt
- Over-communicates and asks for help when needed, but can also autonomously and exercise judgment on one's own
- Service oriented mindset & is motivated by the opportunity to turn customers into promoters with every interaction
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with evolving processes, and is relentlessly resourceful. You find a way to get it done!
- Excited to help build out an iconic consumer technology product!
Bonus points if:
- Experience using FrontApp
- Have relevant industry experience, including in hospitality, real estate, or a background as a Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant to high-travel individuals
At Kindred, we embrace diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Kindred doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.