Operations Lead | Member Experience Operations
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Kindred is a members-only home swapping network that unlocks the ability to live a travel-rich lifestyle through the power of community. By exchanging primary residences with trusted peers, renters and owners alike can match with Kindred spirits and explore new destinations without breaking the bank.
We are on a mission to build a sharing economy that lives up to the name, and we’ve raised $26.5M+ from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley to do so, including Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Bessemer Venture Partners, Caffeinated Capital, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Figma, ClassPass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15B+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1B+ annual revenue combined.
We’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
At Kindred, member experience is at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for Head of Member Experience Operations to lead strategic initiatives that helps Kindred maintain a high bar for experience quality as we scale. This role will oversee teams responsible for member onboarding, trip booking, and trust & safety, and will report directly to the Head of Operations.
- Serve as the strategic and organizational leader of Kindred’s member experience and trust & safety functions, managing & supporting a fast-growing org
- Define the strategic evolution of the member experience function to support rapid scaling while maintaining an extremely high bar for experience quality. You will make key decisions about resource allocation and organizational and role changes
- Work closely with your direct reports to set individual goals and objectives, track performance, and provide ongoing coaching and development
- Closely monitor core metrics and customer feedback to identify problems with Kindred’s member experience, and work closely with the Head of Operations to scope and execute on initiatives to address the root causes and align your strategies to Kindred’s north star
- Build robust processes/guidance both externally facing for Kindred members as well as internally facing to the Member Experience Team to ensure a fantastic customer experience and to preserve trust & safety.
- Partner closely with the product lead to support the evolution of Kindred’s internal tooling and identify opportunities for automations
- Proactively identify opportunities to deliver value to Kindred’s members
You may be a right fit for this role if you:
- Are a strategic thinker with at least 4+ years experience developing and growing operations functions
- Have at least 2 years of experience leading medium to large sized teams (ideally across operations, trust & safety, or customer success).
- Have a proven track record of extraordinary execution & impact in high growth and/or at early stage technology companies. You find a way to get it done!
- Are deeply analytical with a knack for generating insights from quantitative and qualitative data. You own the details and can find ways to answer your own questions.
- Can successfully toggle back and forth between being in the weeds and keeping focus on the bigger picture. You are organized & process-oriented - you sweat the details & don't drop balls. You are strong at both strategy and execution.
- Have a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and a service oriented mindset. You are motivated by the opportunity to turn customers into promoters with every interaction
- Are highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. You can juggle multiple high priority and high complexity work streams at the same time.
- At Kindred, we know that good things happen when we look out for one another. We offer teammates the following benefits:
- A vibrant, inclusive, and highly skilled team that ferociously protects team chemistry
- A culture of championship(vs. just mentorship), feedback, and continual development
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- A $10,000 fertility & reproductive health benefit
- UNLIMITED free credits for stays at Kindred homes during your time as an employee
- Quarterly $1,000 travel stipend to use toward travel costs to stay at a Kindred home
- San Francisco headquarters with a remote-flexible work environment. We encourage team members to travel and adventure!
- Global WeWork passes so you can work comfortably from wherever you are
- Regular offsites to co-locate with the team
At Kindred, we embrace diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Kindred doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.