Staff Product Designer
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Kindred is a members-only home swapping network that unlocks the ability to live a travel-rich lifestyle through the power of community. By exchanging primary residences with trusted peers, renters and owners alike can match with Kindred spirits and explore new destinations without breaking the bank.
We are on a mission to build a sharing economy that lives up to the name, and we’ve raised $26.5M+ from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley to do so, including Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Bessemer Venture Partners, Caffeinated Capital, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Figma, ClassPass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15B+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1B+ annual revenue combined.
We’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
Kindred is looking for a Staff Product Designer to help build the future of travel. In this role, you'll work closely with our co-founders and cross-functional leaders to drive and shape the core member experience at Kindred. You'll own end-to-end projects in a fast-paced environment, engaging across all stages of a project – including prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research.
We appreciate designers who care deeply about the user experience as well as the visual pixels, and feel comfortable wearing many hats to ship a delightful experience. The ideal designer for this team has experience building community-oriented consumer products.
All product design applications must link to work samples or include a portfolio.
What You'll Do:
- Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking
- Own, lead and drive design problems from research and ideation through to execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, and showcase your vision and rationale behind design decisions to stakeholders
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to product
You may be a right fit for this role if you:
- Have at least 8+ years of experience in product design, at least some of which are in consumer product design
- Have mobile app and web app design experience
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex user and design problems
- Have a keen eye for visual design
- Are Interested in qualitative and quantitative data. You care deeply about grounding decisions in real data
- Have an owner's attitude. You don’t hesitate to initiate spontaneous research, you empower engineers to get the fit and finish right, and you translate insights from research into meaningful action
- Know when to apply the appropriate level of fidelity to your work, being conscious of deadlines & deliverables to communicate your solution
Bonus points if:
- You have a mix of experience in consumer and B2B product design
- You have had a mix of experience in startups, large companies, and/or agencies
- You have experience designing social media products
- You have experience in, or take an interest in design outside of product design (illustration, brand, motion, photography)
- You have experience with building design systems
- You had experience as a manager and/or mentor
- At Kindred, we know that good things happen when we look out for one another. We offer teammates the following benefits:
- A vibrant, inclusive, and highly skilled team that ferociously protects team chemistry
- A culture of championship (vs. just mentorship), feedback, and continual development
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full health benefits
- A fertility & reproductive health benefit
- UNLIMITED free credits for stays at Kindred homes during your time as an employee
- Quarterly $1,000 travel stipend to use toward travel costs to stay at a Kindred home
- Remote-flexible work environment. We encourage team members to travel and adventure!
- Global WeWork passes so you can work comfortably from wherever you are
- Regular offsites to co-locate with the team
At Kindred, we embrace diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Kindred doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.