Staff Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Kindred is a members-only home swapping network that unlocks the ability to live a travel-rich lifestyle through the power of community. By exchanging primary residences with trusted peers, renters and owners alike can match with Kindred spirits and explore new destinations without breaking the bank.
We are on a mission to build a sharing economy that lives up to the name, and we’ve raised $26.5M+ from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley to do so, including Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Bessemer Venture Partners, Caffeinated Capital, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Figma, ClassPass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15B+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1B+ annual revenue combined.
We’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Manager to independently and rapidly iterate on our core & growth product in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you'll work closely with our co-founders and cross-functional leaders to drive and shape the core member experience at Kindred. We’re looking for someone with deep consumer intuition and empathy, and an exceptionally user-centric approach to problem-solving. Your mission is to create a seamless and engaging member journey while delivering tangible business results.
- End-to-End Ownership: Lead the product development lifecycle, from strategic ideation to successful launch, ensuring a holistic and effective approach to project execution
- Innovation and Optimization: Innovate on Kindred's core marketplace model, identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities, and enhancing key business metrics such as conversion and match rate.
- User-Centric Solutions: Advocate for our members by diving deep into user insights through robust user research. Develop product features that directly address user needs, pain points, and preferences.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with our design teams to bring to life user-centric experiences that align seamlessly with our product vision, elevating the overall member experience.
- Engineering Partnership: Work hand-in-hand with our engineering teams to ensure seamless communication, efficient project execution, and the timely delivery of high-quality products that exceed user expectations.
You may be a right fit for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years as a PM or 6+ years as a GM
- Are relentlessly focused on and motivated by uncovering and solving consumer pain points
- Have an owner’s mindset - you are driven by solving hard problems and owning outcomes
- Have demonstrated experience with building consumer products and enjoy early-stage product building
- Strong preference for individuals that have previously worked at Series A companies or pre-product market fit products at larger companies (0 to 1 product building)
- Bonus: experience working with consumer marketplace products
- Bonus: experience working with mobile products
- Bonus: you have managerial experience
- At Kindred, we know that good things happen when we look out for one another. We offer teammates the following benefits:
- A vibrant, inclusive, and highly skilled team that ferociously protects team chemistry
- A culture of championship (vs. just mentorship), feedback, and continual development
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full health benefits
- A fertility & reproductive health benefit
- UNLIMITED free credits for stays at Kindred homes during your time as an employee
- Quarterly $1,000 travel stipend to use toward travel costs to stay at a Kindred home
- Remote-flexible work environment. We encourage team members to travel and adventure!
- Global WeWork passes so you can work comfortably from wherever you are
- Regular offsites to co-locate with the team
At Kindred, we embrace diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Kindred doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.