Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Kindred is a members-only home swapping network that unlocks the ability to live a travel-rich lifestyle through the power of community. By exchanging primary residences with trusted peers, renters and owners alike can match with Kindred spirits and explore new destinations without breaking the bank.
We are on a mission to build a sharing economy that lives up to the name, and we’ve raised $26.5M+ from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley to do so, including Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Bessemer Venture Partners, Caffeinated Capital, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Figma, ClassPass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15B+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1B+ annual revenue combined.
We’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
We’re looking for a world-class engineer with deep experience in mobile software development to join us at the ground floor.
You’ll join as one of our early engineers and part of our critical early team. We're looking for a thought partner who is motivated by the opportunity to build an iconic consumer product that will shape the future of travel.
- Serve as technology lead and own key decisions including the tech stack and strategy for all aspects of mobile development
- Work directly with the co-founders, CTO, product designers, and engineers to build the first version of our platform
- Help establish and grow our engineering organization and mentor the next generation of technology leaders
- Have access to our bench of world class technical advisors and angels for mentorship and support as needed
You may be a right fit for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience building consumer facing applications with iOS or Android
- Have experience building, testing and scaling large-scale mobile applications
- Have experience building mobile applications with cross-platform frameworks such as React Native
- Having an understanding of native mobile app toolchains on iOS or Android
- Have demonstrated success operating as a tech lead on critical projects at previous roles
- Have prior experience at a high-growth stage company
- Are an entrepreneur at heart who is excited about bringing new experiences to the world
- Are motivated by consumer products and building platforms that become cornerstones of consumer behavior
- Have the ability to exercise strong judgment and make difficult technical tradeoff decisions
- Are an excellent listener and strong communicator, working well cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Enjoy the process of making something new and unknown
- Have a pragmatic approach to engineering — you’re not dogmatic and know how to choose the best tool or process for the job at hand
- Come to work with energy, humility, and positivity
- A vibrant, inclusive, and highly skilled team that ferociously protects team chemistry
- A culture of championship(vs. just mentorship), feedback, and continual development
- Competitive cash compensation and equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full health benefits
- UNLIMITED free stays at Kindred homes during your time as an employee
- Quarterly $1,000 travel stipend to use toward travel costs to stay at a Kindred home
- Remote-flexible work environment. We encourage team members to travel and adventure!
- Global WeWork passes so you can work comfortably from wherever you are
- Regular offsites to co-locate with the team
At Kindred, we embrace diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Kindred doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.