Technical Account Manager
Who We Are
In today’s economy, an increasing number of workers are choosing to freelance. By 2027, half the U.S. workforce will be independent contractors. Yet there is no system of record for this vast self-employed community and the legions of businesses that increasingly rely on it. A new paradigm is needed to accommodate the future of work that is suddenly no longer in the future. That is what Wingspan is building.
Wingspan is the first payroll platform designed specifically for independent contractors and their businesses. We make onboarding, payments, and compliance easy for flexible workforces of all sizes. Whether you’re a one-person business or a large enterprise, Wingspan has you covered.
We’re a Series A startup based in NYC with backing from some of the best VCs and operators around, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and the CEOs and founders of Warby Parker, Harry’s, Allbirds, Invision, and Flatiron Health.
Now we're hiring for you: an ambitious leader ready to help build, design, and support enterprise-grade software scaled to millions of individuals.
Are you ready to be part of a team redefining the future of work? Apply now!
Who we're looking for:
Wingspan's Technical Account Manager will be on the frontlines working to establish partnerships with Wingspan customers, and act as a liaison between customers and our internal technical teams. You’ll be partnering with Pre-Sales teams to identify, prioritize and build financial solutions for existing customers so that Wingspan continues to scale with their needs.
You will act as the technical and financial subject matter expert for our customers, and design solutions that address the customer’s needs through Wingspan and partner integrations. You will partner with Post-Sales teams to drive Product, Design and Engineering teams’ roadmaps to evolve Wingspan to better serve our customers at scale and offer increasingly higher value to the customers.
You will define the customer’s financial & technical success criteria from onboarding through activation and expansion. You will represent Product, Design and Engineering externally and will operate with deep conviction and understanding of Wingspan's technical capabilities. The role requires technical skills necessary to understand and educate on robust payments and accounting features, and integrate them across all the touch points and surface area of a customer.
This role will be based in New York City and will have a hybrid work model that consists of a combination of onsite and remote work expectations. This model is designed to provide our employees with an optimal balance between in-person collaboration and the convenience of remote work. We believe this approach fosters a more productive and engaging work environment while supporting our commitment to employee well-being and work-life balance.Please note that the specific onsite and remote work schedule will be established based on the requirements of the role and the needs of the organization, and remain subject to Company discretion. The Company reserves the right to modify its in-person and remote work policies and expectations.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Pre-Sales and Post-Sales teams, effectively communicating Wingspan's workflow automation features and benefits to customers by delivering tailored product demonstrations
- Work with customers to problem-solve technical hurdles, and propose effective product implementations for each customer with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Via customer discovery, you will assess customer requirements for expansion of their Wingspan partnership, and determine Wingspan fit through use-cases, cost-benefit/ROI analysis, and technical competencies
- Work directly with onboarding specialists to support more complex technical & accounting implementations of Wingspan
- Be a subject matter expert across our integration partners (CRM, ATS, Ticketing, HR, Accounting), partnering with Sales, Product and partners to advocate for integration development in-line with customer needs
- Propose effective product implementations for customers with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Support technical documentation and maintenance of our internal knowledge base for customer use cases and best practices
- Partner closely with the product team to ensure customer feedback and pain points are heard, reviewed, and prioritized when needed
- Minimum 5 years in solutions consulting or implementing business SaaS solutions and using APIs, ideally within the financial space
- Deep understanding of accounting systems, accounting/controllership needs, and finance/accounting workflows
- Strong understanding of Accounting and/or ERP solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional with organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to operate within a cross-functional team or as an individual contributor with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and position product solutions accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent engineering, system design and technical specification writing skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. At this time we are unable to transfer or sponsor visas
- At Wingspan, we pride ourselves on offering a competitive and comprehensive compensation package that reflects our commitment to attracting top talent. The annual total compensation (this includes base and incentive pay) for this role ranges from $140,000-$162,000 and is accompanied by a target equity package and an extensive suite of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance. All figures cited are in USD and pertain to workers located in the United States.
- We understand that each candidate brings a unique combination of skills, experience, and qualifications to the table, which is why we tailor our compensation packages based on factors such as expertise, years of experience, certifications, and other factors.
- Join us in our mission to innovate and excel, knowing that you will be valued and recognized for your job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our comprehensive benefits and rewards are designed to help you thrive both professionally and personally, as we work together to shape the future of our industry.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 14" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
**We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.**
To all recruitment firms we do not work with: Wingspan does not permit the submission of agency-provided resumes. Kindly refrain from sending resumes to our job-related email addresses and Wingspan staff members. Wingspan will not be held accountable for any charges associated with unsought resumes.
At Wingspan, we are an equal opportunity employer passionately dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We wholeheartedly believe that embracing diversity of perspectives and backgrounds is essential to building the best products and providing delightful experiences for our users and team members. We are proud to maintain an environment free from discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or ordinance. As we strive for excellence, we are committed to ensuring fair employment practices and business dealings and rejecting any form of discrimination or retaliation. These protections and commitments extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, Wingspan also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.
If you would like to request an accommodation as part of the application process, please contact [Clifton Jadoo at email@example.com].
Join us in our mission to create a company and products we love, as we celebrate our diverse workforce and promote an inclusive work environment that drives innovation and success.