Operations Support Analyst / Platform Support Analyst
Who We Are:
In today’s economy, an increasing number of workers are choosing to freelance. By 2027, half the U.S. workforce will be independent contractors. Yet there is no system of record for this vast self-employed community and the legions of businesses that increasingly rely on it. A new paradigm is needed to accommodate the future of work that is suddenly no longer in the future. That is what Wingspan is building.
Wingspan is the first payroll platform designed specifically for independent contractors and their businesses. We make onboarding, payments, and compliance easy for flexible workforces of all sizes. Whether you’re a one-person business or a large enterprise, Wingspan has you covered.
We’re a Series A startup based in NYC with backing from some of the best VCs and operators around, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and the CEOs and founders of Warby Parker, Harry’s, Allbirds, Invision, and Flatiron Health.
Now we're hiring for you: an ambitious individual ready to help build, design, and take us to the next level.
Are you ready to be part of a team redefining the future of work? Apply now!
Impact of the Role:
As an Operations Support Analyst, you will collaborate with the customer support, and dev teams to provide timely and effective resolution to customer issues. Your mission is to reduce the volume and response time of support escalations.
This role will be based in Poland and will have a hybrid work model that consists of a combination of onsite and remote work expectations. This model is designed to provide our employees with an optimal balance between in-person collaboration and the convenience of remote work. We believe this approach fosters a more productive and engaging work environment while supporting our commitment to employee well-being and work-life balance.
Please note that the specific onsite and remote work schedule will be established based on the requirements of the role and the needs of the organization, and remain subject to Company discretion. The Company reserves the right to modify its in-person and remote work policies and expectations.
What you'll do:
- Analyze complex and time-sensitive issues: As an Operations Support Analyst, you will be responsible for investigating and resolving complex issues reported by Wingspan clients and customers. These issues may be technical in nature and require a deep understanding of the Wingspan platform and its underlying technology.
- Technical escalation: You will serve as a technical escalation for customer-facing issues that cannot be resolved by the front line support team in a timely manner. You will own the case and work with various teams to drive to resolution.
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining internal and customer facing documentation. This includes developing standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guides, customer FAQs , How To’s and other support-related documents.
- Collaborating with development: You will work closely with the development team to investigate and resolve support issues that require a code-level fix.
- Continuously improving support processes: You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve support processes and implementing changes to increase efficiency and reduce resolution times. This may involve working with cross-functional teams within Wingspan to implement process improvements.
Overall, as an Operations Support Analyst, you will play a critical role in ensuring that Wingspan's clients and customers receive timely and effective support. You will work on complex issues, collaborate with multiple teams, and continuously improve support processes to provide a world-class customer experience.
- Experience supporting products with complex systems like HR, finance, or healthcare.
- Experience managing customer feedback to collaborate with product teams.
- Reporting metrics and running NPS.
- Collaborate with product managers, designer, and engineers to facilitate a culture of customer empathy and influence product development.
- Contribute to our processes and communications improvements.
- Participate and own projects to implement new technologies and automation to streamline the backend operations of platform services.
- 3+ years working directly for SaaS companies with customer support level 1 and level 2.
- Demonstrated initiatives in steam-lining support efficiency through documentations and internal processes.
- Ability to work independently or with a team: The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team is important for an Operations Support Analyst. This involves being able to collaborate effectively with colleagues while also being self-directed and able to manage your workload.
- Early-stage mentality. You have the skills to navigate complex challenges and remain confident in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Analytical ability: An Operations Support Analyst should have strong analytical skills to be able to investigate complex technical issues, identify patterns, and identify potential solutions.
- Customer issue resolution: Being able to resolve customer issues effectively and efficiently is a critical part of this role.
Overview of the recruiting process: This is not a complete an exhaustive list but more so a high level overview
- Recruiter Phone Screen - Describe the role and learn more about each other
- Hiring Team Screen - A deeper dive into your background and the role and alignment on each side often behavioral focus
- Virtual Onsite - A meeting with 2-4 members of the team and each slot often focuses on a particular topic
- After an onsite, you would receive an update within one week though we aim to provide an update sooner
**We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.**
Wingspan does not accept agency-provided resumes from recruitment firms we do not partner with, and any unsolicited resumes sent to our job-related emails or staff will not result in charges to Wingspan.
At Wingspan, we are an equal opportunity employer passionately dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We wholeheartedly believe that embracing diversity of perspectives and backgrounds is essential to building the best products and providing delightful experiences for our users and team members. We are proud to maintain an environment free from discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or ordinance. As we strive for excellence, we are committed to ensuring fair employment practices and business dealings and rejecting any form of discrimination or retaliation. These protections and commitments extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, Wingspan also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.
If you would like to request an accommodation as part of the application process, please contact [Clifton Jadoo at firstname.lastname@example.org].
Join us in our mission to create a company and products we love, as we celebrate our diverse workforce and promote an inclusive work environment that drives innovation and success.